Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hotel Claska - Tokyo

Hotel Claska Tokyo
Hotel Claska
beautiful vases, bowls, cups ...at Hotel Claska
Colours and shapes
Moon
View from the rooftop
Hiki on the rooftop
Sunny day in Tokyo


During my days in Tokyo I was very often fascinated by the simple design of things, such as houses, gardens, ceramics.... and I often wished I had more space in my suitcases to bring many of these beautiful things with me.

Hiki showed me one of the places, filled with wonderful Japanese craft and design - Hotel Claska. I can only highly recommend to visit this place or even stay a couple of nights in one of their hotel rooms. It is not only a hotel and cafe but also has a shop on one of the hotels' levels with beautifully designed things. Hiki and I decided that this is a place where you would like to move in right away! Your eyes are just dragged from one corner to the next enjoying all the things so well put together. I got a beautiful plate and a tea cup which was designed by Akira Minagawa from the label Mina Perhonen. Hiki also showed me their first shops in Tokyo which are only a bus ride away from Hotel Claska. The interior design of these shops and the clothes themselves just blew me away. So so inspiring, we were even lucky as Akira Minagawa himself was in one of the stores talking to the customers.

Well, after we had spent some time at the Claska shop we went up on their rooftop to have a look over the city. It was cold but the sun was shining and you could look pretty far. We also saw a video shoot on one of the neighbor rooftops.

....

15 comments :

P R I M O E Z A said...

love this set.

Belinda said...

What a beautiful space. You are making me want to go to Tokyo more and more with every post on the city.

Unknown said...

That all sounds so nice. This makes me want to visit Japan even more.

Irene said...

Wenn ich deine Fotos anschaue und lese, was du über Tokio schreibst, hält mich kaum mehr etwas hier - ich möchte verreisen!

jana said...

wunderschön maria :)

Jo Waterhouse said...

This is barmy, I bought four of those wooden folding chairs just today! I don't know who they're by, do you?

MANDY said...

All looks so wonderful .... love the chair shot XXX

s t E f a N i a said...

hi Maria, I found your blog through Hiki @ Jollygoo and Sandra Juto. I like these pictures of Tokyo that is one of my most loved city in the world, so i wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing pictures of such lovely corners :-)

Morlee said...

Stunning photos!

alessandra said...

Love to see this amazing town through your eyes! What a great start of the year! Happy 2012 Maria!!!

at swim-two-birds said...

What a wonderfull place!
beautiful pictures

sunkentreasure said...

wauw Maria, your Japan trips looks wonderful!! can't wait to travel some more

kristina said...

Looks like a wonderful place!

* HOPSCOTCH * ~ Charlyn said...

Speechless!!!!

(Ohh, and I love Minä Perhonen annnnnd Wes Anderson ofcourse!)

Mireia Segovia said...

Me encanta tu blog, nos enseñas cosas ideales.
Te sigo!

aguamarinaestudio.blogspot.com