Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sufjan

Sufjan Stevens at the Sydney Opera House
Sufjan Stevens at the Sydney Opera House

Oh Sufjan.
I am so glad I got my hands on tickets for the Sufjan Stevens show at the Sydney Opera House last Friday. It was mind-blowing. Amazing. I really loved every second of it. Not just that the wonderful Owen Pallett played as suport-act, but the whole atmosphere in the opera house was just full of excitement and it was so great to hear his new songs live, especially Impossible Soul, I was blown away...The funny thing was that Will also got his hands on tickets (we both wanted to surprise each other) and so we saw him on Thursday and Friday. Well, if you have the chance to see him, please go, it is so worth it. so worth it. I felt like a little kid when the last song he played was Chicago and when the first seconds of the song started and suddenly all the ballons came down from the ceiling, it was magic.


Thank you so much for all wonderful comments on my last post
Maria

11 comments :

kristina - no penny for them said...

sounds absolutely wonderful!

total schön zu lesen, wie sehr du das konzert genossen hast! :)

MANDY said...

So glad you had fun and lucky you going twice !!!

Marion said...

Ah Sufjan ! Lucky you ! and twice !

KERRY said...

You lucky, lucky lady!!!

Sara said...

I don't know the opera but the photos are amazing...!

melski said...

wow! amazing!!

Jenna said...

lucky lucky lucky you! i only dream.

Anna Emilia said...

Oh you Maria,

What a surprise, a perfect one, for a cloudy Monday was waiting in my mail box today. Very exotic strong flower scent of a yellow summer. Thank you so so much, it made this day so good and not at all anymore so cloudy one. Now I will make some tea to get the scent stronger (: Thank you Maria!

<3

Happy that you enjoyed the concerts! Afternoon break hugs.

Anonymous said...

...whenever i have a look at your blog, i wish i could live your life for a bit...

Anonymous said...

oh you're so lucky :)

i saw him a few years ago, but i can only imagine the extra dimension that the opera house would have added!

Kaylovesvintage said...

cool, one day I love to see him in concert