Tuesday, November 17, 2009

London ...the first day

london
last leaves
bridge
english breakfast
IMG_0623
hearts
red and blue
la fromagerie
the cheese room
london

I am back. And what a lovely trip it was. I was looking through the pictures we took over the last couple of days and "Oh London you are just great and I had so much fun".
We had all sorts of weather. Sun in the morning, cloudy bits and of course also rain and a pretty wild wind on Saturday. But it couldn't stop us from exploring the city at all.
I spent the first day by myself as the boy-friend still needed to study. I was prepared with a little map and full of excitement and started my walk along the Thames to SOHO. It is always a little weird for me when I see things, like the London Eye for real which you usually just know from postcards - and suddenly such things are right in front of you - just there.
I stopped by this café Maison Bertaux and had a nice lemon tart and a tea : ) before I continued....looking around, seeing socks with hearts, lovely little houses and also this amazing place La Fromagerie where you could have lunch and also get the most amazing cheese...

Here are the pictures of the first day...

6 comments :

Kasa said...

Oh how wonderful. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I really like the photo you took of the house numbers. And all the cheese - hm yummie...

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
schön sind die Bilder geworden. Bin gespannt auf Tag 2 und 3.
Viele Grüße aus der Heimat
Pixie

Marion said...

Oh London. Love it so much !
La Fromagerie seems so impressive !!! I am a French girl, I know what I am talking about... le fromage !
Your pictures are cool. Hope you had a lot of fun !!!

Cecilie Askov said...

Thanks for the comment! Your blog is great! more more :)

Dotti said...

Ach Gottchen, Fräulein, wie schön. Mir fällt auf, dass ich schon vielvielviel zu lange nicht mehr da war. Eine Schande, wenn ich deine Bilder sehe.

PROVINS said...

I so wanna go to london!
Great shots!! Looks like an amazing cheese place!